Counseling is a relationship between a client and a therapist aimed at relieving stress, empowering an individual, and developing coping skills. We’ll create a supportive, empathetic environment where you’ll be able to explore your history and develop insight. Counseling should be a space where we discuss your goals and the issues keeping you from reaching them.
Throughout this process, we will be employing strategies to help you live your best life.
”No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don’t ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
What should I do if I am in crisis?
– 911 for emergency services
– National Suicide Prevention Life: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
– National Hopeline Network – links callers to nearest crisis centers: 1-800- 784-2433
– S.A.F.E. Alternatives for Stopping Self-Harm: 1-800-366-8288
– National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
– Victim Connect- help for victims of any crime nationwide: 1-855-484-2846
– Alcoholism & Drug Dependency Hope Line: 1-800-622-2255
– National Eating Disorder Association: 1-800-931-2237
– Trevor Crisis Hotline – confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth: 1-866-488-7386
– Trans Lifeline – crisis hotline run by trans folks for trans and questioning callers: 1-877-565-8860
– Crisis Text Line: Text 741741
How long does counseling take?
The number of sessions is different from person to person. Termination often occurs when the client and the therapist feel that the goals have been met.
Can I do Online Counseling?
With the global pandemic, it’s been hard for people to move around and meet the way we used to. Fortunately, online therapy sessions can happen from anywhere.
I utilize Simple Practice which is HIPPA compliant for all online therapy sessions. It’s just one more convenient way we can get in touch to discuss what’s on your mind.
Do you accept insurance?
At this time, I am not in-network with any insurance companies. However, many insurance companies have an “out of network mental health coverage policy.” If your insurance company offers this I can provide you with a monthly “superbill” to submit for possible reimbursement.
How do I get started?
Contact me for a free consultation. This is just a brief call for us to get to know each other.
We’ll talk about what’s on your mind and the reasons you are reaching out for help. I’ll also tell you about me and my methodology. If we’re a good fit, we can coordinate our first session and get started.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. #104811
Los Angeles Office
566 S. San Vicente Blvd STE 101
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Sherman Oaks Office
13400 Riverside Dr #318
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423